Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reflections

As you grow older, you begin to reflect more about your life, your loved ones who have left you and your loved ones who are around you.

After my beloved mother passed away on 30 October 2007, my mind playbacked scenes that we spent time together at home and abroad. We did spend a lot of time overseas and also for weekly lunches, yet I felt we did not spend enough together.

I miss her presence very much. I miss her wonderful cooking. I miss her asking weekly what my children would like her to cook for them. I miss simply being wih her.

She has been my comforter, my advisor, my source of consolation all my life especially when I was feeling down.

She has been the most understanding person, the most wonderful mother I have ever known.

May Allah bless her soul. May Allah also bless the soul of my late father, the pillar of our family, the source of our living and the disciplinarian who had made all my siblings responsible and diligent parents and workers.

No comments:

Post a Comment